Oak Grove Missionary Baptist Church
“God is light; In him there is no darkness...”
[1 John 1:5]
History of Oak Grove Missionary Baptist Church
The church was organized about 1870, with 15 charter members including the Broadaway, Bishop and Gibson families. The first place of worship was a brush arbor with split logs for seats. They later moved to a log house located a few hundred yards east of the present building. In the early days, they used homemade candles and wood heat. About 1890 a frame building was constructed. The land for the church was given by John W. and Caroline Gibson in 1897. Part of the present building was built in 1922. This building has been remodeled several times and now has all the modern conveniences. George Stoffer gave the church a lot, one mile south of the church and in 1958 a parsonage was built there. It was moved to the present sight in 1973. In 2002 the family of Gordon Broadway graciously donated approximately one acre of land that the Family Life Center is built on today. This building provides additional classrooms for Sunday school and Wednesday night youth services and houses a large fellowship hall and the "Lillian Shirley King" memorial kitchen. The church is located just west of Jonesboro, Arkansas at 2187 Highway 349. Oak Grove is affiliated with the Baptist Missionary Association of America, BMA of Arkansas and Jonesboro Association of Missionary Baptist Churches. Oak Grove is a place where everyone is important and visitors are always welcome.
Please view our schedule of services and our upcoming events.